Thursday, June 16, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 15 June 2011

Attendees:

a) “Boss” Ronnie

b) Group Lead Kei Ming

c) Lai

d) Aron

e) KK

f) Vijay

g) Melvin

Distance: 2 laps * 2.3km = 4.6km (Garmin: 4.46km)

Timing: 34:41 for 7:46 min/km pace

Since I had covered 9.5-10km in the morning, the plan was to take it easy. I arrived a little after 6:30 pm and started with a leisurely walk. KK joined me about the halfway mark of the first km and we did a slow jog for the remainder of the session. He had just completed 3 consecutive marathons in the last 3 weekends – Sundown, Christchurch and Phuket. Boss and the guys did 4-5 laps at an easy-for-them pace. Guess yesterday was the day of the recovery run.

My quads and hips were not happy when I woke up this morning and I had to bail out on Kenny. Le sigh. I should really get one of those foam rollers and beat the h*** out of them! I am still undecided on running on Saturday – Aron mentioned a 20km at a slow and easy pace (that is what they always say, don’t they?). I will probably be crippled if I do a 20km on Saturday and go out and do a 10km the following morning, right? Yeah, maybe not for most of you but it’s me we’re talking about – I’m delicate!!!

Workout this morning:

a) Sun salutations B and Hatha 101 version

b) 60 min Cybex Arc Trainer elliptical cross trainer at an easy pace in place of a recovery run

No comments: