Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday avalanche

Swamped with work! I came in this morning and voila…17 new emails, each with separate tasks and things to do. Kok Loon had better hit jackpot today in order for me to claim that 10% and leave this job!!! Righto, enough of rants, here is an update of the weekend, bullet style naturally.

• It was H.O.T, H.O.T, H.O.T on both days. No, make that Friday as well. Which of course led to me “hiding” in the house or more specifically my air-conditioned room for like 99.99% of the time. I go downstairs for meals and when I come back up again, bazoomed a hot wave of air envelops me. Even the water coming out of the taps was warm. It looks like it will be this way for quite some time. Yes, despite growing up and living in this country forever, I am still NOT used to the temps. Will never be.

• It was a round of torture during my session with Mr Soon on Saturday evening but lo behold, pain free after that. Unfortunately, instead of staying off my foot, I went for the Larian Bersama Bomba 2011 and pushed too hard and ended up hobbling after the run. Rest, rest and rest and some yoga this morning seems to have provided much needed relief. I will probably need another torture session sometime tomorrow or Wednesday but looking at things in the office, I will be lucky if I can even leave before 8:30 pm.

• And so I ran the Larian Bersama Bomba 2011 yesterday morning. I don’t have all the stats since I was a sloth and decided to channel my energy to surfing mindlessly instead of charging the FR405. It “died-ed” just after the 6km mark at Jalan Parlimen but I gathered from some of the runners, it was about 7.56 km. Combining the official time of 37:31 minutes, it would put my average pace at just under 5 min/km. Woohoo! This on an injured right shin ligament and taking it down a notch or two slower (do not believe that since my heart felt like it was about to pop out! LOL!). I made it just into the winner’s list (9th) and earned RM100 cash. So it is a net RM80 (RM20 registration fee) – good enough for this week’s grocery. Race write up coming up later in the week or when I can sneak in a moment or two.

• Vinz and I were chatting over FB on Saturday and made plans for ice kacang this weekend. Yay! It’s been ages since we were last in SS2. “ABC” in this kinda temp would be heavenly.

• Speaking of eats, I should have stuck to my intuition and ignored La Manila’s mushroom sauce. My Buteyko went out of the window for the last few days of last week even if it was “only” a teaspoon of the sauce with the previous night’s dinner. Yeah, I never learn and this is lesson numero 1,000,000,000,000,000.

• Oh wow, for someone who claims to be time pressed, I managed to hammer out more than 10 lines! Last bullet, I promise. This morning’s tough love session:

Supersets of:

a) Smith machine bench chest press

b) Decline DB chest press

Supersets of:

c) LF lat pull down

d) DB bend over row

Supersets of:

e) Smith machine incline chest press

f) LF cable chest press

Supersets of:

g) LF cable close grip low row

h) LF cable press down with iron bar

Supersets of:

i) DB pull over

j) Decline push-ups

We finished the session with ab crunches on the fit ball and now, I must absolutely get back to work!

No comments: