Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back to the grind

Oh well, it is back to the grind this morning. The weekend was good – extended weekend down south, chilling out with friends, deep tissue massage after Sundown, clocking in a new timing (can we say “yee hah” to that?).

The deep tissue massage on Sunday was heavenly. Diane really worked those muscles and I probably went into detox model almost immediately – tiredness and sleepiness crept in when Diane worked on the right legs (and this was only the second limb!). I was pretty much zombified for the rest of the day, as well as yesterday (so glad I had the day off). Hey, this is good, right? Proof positive she is a great therapist.

I was still feeling a tad wonky this morning and was close to fail on the back workouts. Odd, since I definitely got enough shuteye (hey I actually plonked into bed at 9:20 last night), refueled and hydrated well all yesterday and did the chest workouts perfectly well. The lingering post-Diane effects? Here is this morning’s menu:

Supersets of:

a) Free standing pull-ups (uurgh!)

b) Free standing dips (much better than the pull-ups)

Supersets of:

c) LF pulldown

d) Nautilus Nitro Plus chest press

Supersets of:

e) Technogym low row

f) Nautilus Nitro Plus incline chest press

Supersets of:

g) Freemotion cable chest fly

h) Precor low row

Supersets of:

i) Freemotion back pressdown with iron bar (this was tough; probably coz I haven’t done this in a while – my excuse anyway!)

j) Cybex Eagle Abdominal

No comments: