A quick update on the weekend and this morning’s workout before I dive into my ever-growing pile of work. Firing the salvo, bullet point style since (1) I am lazy and (2) I am busy (or so I let everyone believe).
• Facebook (FB) has gone viral with the clusterflubber event named Energizer Night Race 2011. There are now 2 pages created for runners to vent their “anger”, “disappointment” etc – I’m sure it won’t take you long to search for them (probably top of search engines; sorry, no access to FB in the office and can’t post the links).
• Apparently, it has gone as far as writing to the global CEO of the sponsors and copied to major newspapers in town.
• I will skip posting a review of the race since enough has already been said on FB and the blogworld. I may, depending on time availability, put up something about my run, how it went for me or rant about my missed podium prize (I have more or less written this off).
• My body shut downed and went into recovery mode after the race and I spent Sunday nursing sore muscles and off-and-on cramps on the shins and calves. Ok, the back and chest were from Friday’s training but the quads, hamstrings, shins and calves were definitely from the race. I have minor shin splints and hence the layoff from a recovery run yesterday morning.
• I took it easy on the elliptical yesterday before heading to Richard’s class. By hook or by crook, I had to be there – I always feel better after a class. I guess there is a difference between stretching yourself (which most people won’t hold a stretch for long enough for the effects to kick in) and doing a full range stretch.
• I scheduled a last minute appointment at Serenity Cove in the evening just to be sure I recover properly.
• I woke up feeling a bit “blergh” but once we got started on the first superset, everything came through smoothyly (or so I fool myself).
a) Free standing chin-ups on LF
b) Freemotion cable bend over dual handle back row
c) Technogym cable reverse pull-ups
d) Nautilus chest press
e) Nautilus incline chest press
f) Nautilus chest fly
g) Nautilus low row
h) DB bend over back row
i) Technogym cable chest press
j) Slight decline (using the Nautilus low row bench) DB chest fly
Single sets of:
k) Cybex eagle abdominal