Monday, April 18, 2011

Fiasco Weekend

A quick update on the weekend and this morning’s workout before I dive into my ever-growing pile of work. Firing the salvo, bullet point style since (1) I am lazy and (2) I am busy (or so I let everyone believe).

• Facebook (FB) has gone viral with the clusterflubber event named Energizer Night Race 2011. There are now 2 pages created for runners to vent their “anger”, “disappointment” etc – I’m sure it won’t take you long to search for them (probably top of search engines; sorry, no access to FB in the office and can’t post the links).

• Apparently, it has gone as far as writing to the global CEO of the sponsors and copied to major newspapers in town.

• I will skip posting a review of the race since enough has already been said on FB and the blogworld. I may, depending on time availability, put up something about my run, how it went for me or rant about my missed podium prize (I have more or less written this off).

• My body shut downed and went into recovery mode after the race and I spent Sunday nursing sore muscles and off-and-on cramps on the shins and calves. Ok, the back and chest were from Friday’s training but the quads, hamstrings, shins and calves were definitely from the race. I have minor shin splints and hence the layoff from a recovery run yesterday morning.

• I took it easy on the elliptical yesterday before heading to Richard’s class. By hook or by crook, I had to be there – I always feel better after a class. I guess there is a difference between stretching yourself (which most people won’t hold a stretch for long enough for the effects to kick in) and doing a full range stretch.

• I scheduled a last minute appointment at Serenity Cove in the evening just to be sure I recover properly.

• I woke up feeling a bit “blergh” but once we got started on the first superset, everything came through smoothyly (or so I fool myself).

Supersets of:

a) Free standing chin-ups on LF

b) Freemotion cable bend over dual handle back row

c) Technogym cable reverse pull-ups

Supersets of:

d) Nautilus chest press

e) Nautilus incline chest press

f) Nautilus chest fly

Supersets of:

g) Nautilus low row

h) DB bend over back row

Supersets of:

i) Technogym cable chest press

j) Slight decline (using the Nautilus low row bench) DB chest fly

Single sets of:

k) Cybex eagle abdominal

No comments: