Thursday, April 21, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 20 April 2011

Attendees:

a) “Boss” Ronnie

b) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

c) KK Yum (3 laps)

d) Bee Hoon (3 laps)

e) Chin

f) Malcalm Chew (on his own; reverse looping)

g) Vijay (for the birthday cake! LOL!)

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.12km)

Timing: 48:37 for 5:20 min/km pace

Lap 1

This was spent yakking about the Energizer Night(mare) Run 2011 (ENR 2011) – yes, it’s still the talk of town and will probably be until everyone gets their goodie bag, medal etc. I started with Ronnie and Kei Ming but after 500 meters, KK and Bee Hoon called me to slow down and gossip with you-know-what. I ran with them until the waterfall/children’s playground where I spotted Chin and paced with him for the rest of the lap.

Laps 2-4

Chin and I ran together for about a km (from the waterfall/children’s playground slope) before he dropped back. I spent the rest of the run on my own – keeping the pace hovering around 5 min/km. It was comfortable – yeah, surprise, surprise – since it was my first run since ENR 2011 and I did not want to push it. Plus, Ronnie and Kei Ming were nowhere to be seen – less pressure to keep up with them or the pace. Surprisingly, the finishing time was just a minute off last week’s timing – good stuff!

We had a mini celeb for KK turning the age-to-qualify-for-men’s junior veteran (I will let him give you the exact number) after the run. Guess who supplied the cake (with his pic on it! LOL!), knife, tissues, camera, the works etc. The birthday boy himself! Photos on his Facebook.

No comments: