Monday, March 21, 2011

Starting the week…so not on!

Mondays are always a drag for me except when I am on leave a.k.a. hols! Even if it is just a weekend getaway. I started the morning with 5 rounds of sun salutations A and 2 of B – yeah, go ahead and drop that jaw of yours! There was no particular “reason” except it felt right. The first 2 rounds felt difficult but once I got into the groove, it went smoothly. This morning’s chest-and-back session:

Supersets of:

a) Smith machine low degree incline chest press

b) BB reverse pull

Supersets of:

c) BB decline chest press

d) DB bendover back row

Supersets of:

e) LF cable chest fly – the low to high version (I’ll get back to you guys on the actual name…at some point in time! In the meantime, do not bug me!

f) LF cable lat pull down (close grip, palms facing each other)

Supersets of:

g) DB pull over

h) Raised toe push-ups

Supersets of:

i) Reverse abs crunches

j) Hoist tricep press down

I have decided to take the next few weeks off racing after yesterday’s run. Zero mojo to run let alone race – must be the delayed onset of fatigue. Nothing physical but I am more tired than I thought (mentally) from these past weeks of racing. First there was the V-Day Couple Run 2011 followed by Hong Kong and then Singapore. After 2 weeks of travel runs, it was back to KL for the adiNation Breakfast Run 2011 (adiNation) and the following week, back-to-backs of Larian 1WP 2011 and Bareno Run 2011. Sure, I took it easy on some of them (Singapore and adiNation) but the paces were still above training paces. So it will be training runs for the moment and if the mojo returns, maybe a race or 2.

Oh yeah, I may stick to using the KSO for both training and races (if any) for the moment. It is the closest to barefoot running and I don’t heel strike that much with them compared to the Bikila. Well at least that is what my calves are telling me. Yes, they were sore yesterday and still are this morning.

No comments: