Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Taman Desa-Seputeh-Brickfields Run – 15 February 2011 & Bits of stuff

Distance: 11.51km

Timing: 67:43 min for 5:52 min/km pace

There were a couple of training runs organized yesterday given the public holiday for the Prophet Mohamed’s birthday – Ronnie’s LSD and Aron’s group’s double hill. Kenny and I had agreed to meet up for a run around his neighbourhood since he has a prior appointment - playing tour guide to an expatriate couple. I came into this run with zero expectation (these are the best type! Just go with the flow). We took a different route this time starting with the reverse of the usual 10km route which took us uphill to Taman Desa and ending up at OUG and Old Klang Road. Then it was an out-and-back course along the Seputeh-Federal Highway heading into Brickfields. Hmm…what can I say apart from hills, hills, hills! The elevation map from Garmin Connect had us at 77m above sea level in the beginning and towards the end in the 50s-60s range.

With this profile the timing was not too shabby, right? Right?

Onto this morning’s legs-and-shoulders’ session:

Supersets of:

a) Hack squat (I tell you Michael is trying to kill me! I am barely over my previous near death experiences with 600lbs and we had to do them again today!)

b) Cybex plate loaded leg press or technically leg squat (somehow it feels like a press rather than a squat to me)

c) DB raised leg static lunges

Supersets of:

d) Seated DB overhead shoulder press

e) BB frontal raise

Supersets of:

f) Hoist leg extension

g) Hoist seated leg curl

Supersets of:

h) Technogym cable reverse rear delt

i) DB lateral raise

Supersets of (super killers!):

j) Abs crunches on medicine ball

k) TRX forward raised hips – abs crunch

I am telling ya…the abs will ache, protest and scream tonight or tomorrow! The first set of TRX had me done in and I could practically get past 10 reps on the second set of the abs crunches!

The packing for the Hong Kong trip is about half done (read: I have been dumping stuff I think I need and want into the bag…haphazardly). It will, hopefully, be less of a mad scramble tomorrow night. The weather this weekend calls for mid-to-high teens and I am still on course to wearing my usual gear for the run though I will probably be wrapped up in either throwaway gears or the Mylar blanket while waiting for gun off. More importantly, please keep me in your prayers that my left foot remains pain and injury free. Thanks.

No comments: