Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting the Miles in

Stop short of killing myself by upping the mileage on our LSDs or running consecutive days, I am planning to sneak in 1km everyday (or so I think!). The plan is so simple that I could not believe it slipped by me! All I needed to do was WALK 1km on the treadmill for 10 minutes for my cooldown after my workouts! Even if I do it for 4-5 times a week, that’s an extra 16km a month or 192km a year! Simple, simple, simple! Easy, easy, easy!

How did I ever miss such an ingenious idea?!

Why am I doing this you may ask…head onto Tall Mom’s 1000+++ Club here.

The “grand plan” kicked off this morning and I managed 1.05km after my cardio on the elliptical. I did it raw a.k.a. barefoot – I am trying to incorporate barefoot-ing as much as possible to smooth the transition and the treadmill + cooldown seemed like a good idea (only in my mind I think!). I tried a fast jog/run on some portions to observe my running gait and landing form – this cooldown exercise could be more beneficial than I had thought!

No comments: