Tuesday’s run coupled with Wednesday’s double workout left me so sore and achy – aching glutes, hamstrings, abs and whatever muscle there was on the foot. Tag on the painful sprained ligament/tendon on the left foot, I was floored when I woke up yesterday (literally! LOL!) and this morning (I must add!). I even had to scrap plans for yoga and spent the day housebound (thank goodness it was a public holiday!).
With the longer distances I am covering these days and Michael’s intense training, I have to re-look at my recovery program.
• Firstly, refueling immediately after a long run or workout regardless of hunger (or lack of) and appetite levels.
• Secondly, increasing my meal portions (again, regardless of hunger and appetite levels).
• Thirdly, rest, rest and rest. Yesterday’s 2-hour nap was pure bliss. Since I will not have the luxury of this (yes, unfortunately I have a day job and am not a professional athlete), I will need to make sure I get to bed earlier during the workweek and nap my way through the weekend. (I can feel YM’s eyes’ rolling on reading this/hearing about it)
I dialed it back on the warm-up and cool-down cardio sessions this morning as my glutes and hamstrings were still achy. Yeah two full days and I am still nursing them. Sigh. Oh well, it means Michael’s training is effective. Make that s.u.p.e.r. E.F.F.E.C.T.I.V.E. With that, we put in a fairly full and intense back-and-chest workout:
a) LF assisted pull-ups
b) Nautilus low back row
c) LF free-standing dips
d) Nautilus chest press
e) Technogym cable bend over back row with iron bar
f) DB bend over frontal raise
g) Technogym cable chest fly
h) Nautilus incline chest press
i) Abs on wheels (wheelie! I am not rolling all over the place or at least the roll line is marginally straight!)
j) TRX training pullover (need to work on keeping my entire body in a straight line while falling forward and back)
This weekend might include some shopping fest and running errands, if I do not procrastinate. Some of the items on the bucket list include:
• KM’s baby chair from IKEA
• Mom and HTN’s CNY gifts - yeah I cannot believe I got the rest out of the way so early too!)
• Complete my CNY assemble – just the footwear, I think
• Race pack pick up – this is still iffy for me given the refused-to-get-well left foot
• Another pain gutting and excruciating session with Mr Soon – I am planning on doing this on Saturday evening and reevaluate how the foot feels the next morning