Wednesday, December 8, 2010

First Workout since SCMS 2010

Yesterday was my first workout since the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2010 (SCMS). As it would be consecutive sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday, Michael decided to split it into upper and lower limbs session. Yesterday was also a public holiday over here…all in I had been away from the office since last Wednesday – Thursday/Friday for the investor forum in Mandarin Oriental; Friday/Monday in Singapore.

Yesterday’s upper body workout started with the dreaded chin-ups. Sigh. I am still hopeless on this. And my memory is failing me because I can hardly remember any of the other workouts! I am just going to wing it and put out what I can remember.

Supersets of:

a) Free standing chin-ups (notwithstanding we did it on the Nautilus)

b) Technogym pulldowns

Supersets of:

c) Technogym cable back row with iron bar

d) Cybex low row

Supersets of:

e) Freemotion cable standing chest fly

f) DB chest press

g) Nautilus incline chest press

Supersets of:

h) Hoist chest press

i) Technogym cable reverse back fly

j) Abs on wheels

k) Reverse abs crunches

Let us just move on to today’s menu of legs and shoulders instead.

Supersets of:

a) Technogym leg press (freaking 4 sets since the first one was counted as a warm up)

b) Nautilus prone leg curl

Supersets of:

c) LF seated leg extension

d) DB walking lunges

e) Nautilus hip adduction

Supersets of:

f) Nautilus overhead shoulder press

g) DB overhead shoulder press (don’t ask! The idea is to make the muscles fatigue faster and it did so!)

Supersets of:

h) DB lateral raise

i) Bendover DB reverse delt fly

j) Technogym cable upright row with iron bar

We finished today’s session with a weighted plate loaded reverse abs crunches.

BTW, I am stoked by my splits and overall average pace for the SCMS. Race report and review coming up!

No comments: