Friday, October 8, 2010

Just how much is too much?

I have been thinking a lot about this since my brush with the fracture and the current ligament issue. How do I know if I am ready? On the other hand, am I dialing back because of sloth and laziness? It is only after an event that I know if I had overdone it e.g. aggravating my ligament over the weekend and having to make an appointment with Mr Soon on Sunday evening. On the other end of the rainbow, I was so frustrated holding back during the adiNation Training Run on Wednesday even though I knew that that would be the most sensible thing. To think that I even went as far as staying away from Lake Gardens this morning when all I wanted to do was remind my feet what running is (pre-warning of what to expect on Sunday morning). Sigh.

Yesterday was a double session for me as we slotted in a session in the evening to make up for Michael’s absence today and Monday. Since my glutes and hamstrings were still sore (they still are this morning!), we worked with cables for my upper body muscle groups. This turned out to be a good thing because we could train in “private and peace” from the maddening crowd in the general area – evenings are SUPER peak periods for gyms.

Supersets of:

a) Technogym cable combo of chest press and chest fly (standing)

b) DB incline chest press

c) Raised leg pushups

Supersets of:

d) True Stretch chin-ups

e) Technogym cable overhead shoulder press (standing)

f) BB bend over back row

Supersets of:

g) Technogym cable back row (free standing)

h) Wheel abs

i) Technogym reverse rear delt fly

Supersets of:

j) Dips

k) Reverse abs crunches

I was too weary to do any cardio after that and decided to make it up this morning – short 25 minutes on the Precor cross trainer. The only thing I forgot to bring along was my protein shake – and again, I had them this morning.

No comments: