Thursday, July 8, 2010

Half and half

My immunity usually takes a dip one or two days after a race – I get lethargic, tired and listless – I put it down to utilizing all my energy for the race and it takes a day or two for the cells to rebuild themselves. So far, I have been able to bounce back after a low-key two days, except for the time after the Great Eastern Women’s 10K 2009 but that was an exception rather than a norm.

Day 4 after the Race Against Cancer 2010 (RAC) and I am still nursing a dry throat that is on the verge of a full blown cough and flu despite the massive amount of liquids I have been chucking down. Oh but I cannot technically blame it entirely on the RAC since I was feeling a bit off colour on the day before the race. I am at wits end on how to cross this hurdle.

No comments: