Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Full Moon & Wednesday’s Strength and Endurance Workout

Not the one in the sky! Ronnie emailed me yesterday morning (alright the night before but I only opened my mailbox yesterday) to let me know that he has found a buyer of my numerous tees and running vests I had put up for sale. On the sidelines, he inquired if I was going for baby Aaron’s full moon party this Saturday. I am all game for it but will need substantial help making my way to and around Jinjang! Hopefully I can hitch a ride with someone – maybe Kenny – will make a round of inquiries during today’s run.

This would be my first baby full moon party! All this while, I just contribute to the baby kitty when someone announces the birth of a colleague or friend’s baby and one month later, the thank you hamper is delivered to me. The hamper has evolved over the years and these days, it is no longer confined to the traditional “ang koo”, red eggs, pickled ginger and nasi kunyit with curry. With bakeries and hotels getting into the action, I have seen and/or received chocolates, cakes, bread, part chicken etc. I am neutral on whether a traditional, fusion or modern hamper is given or selected.

What can or should I expect at the party?

This morning’s menu was a combination of strength and endurance, the former being 99%! The only endurance bit was the jumping squats. The order of the day:
Supersets of:
a) Plate loaded leg press
b) Jumping squats

Supersets of:
c) Hoist leg extension
d) Raised toe on bench, single leg static lunges

Supersets of:
e) Smith machine incline press
f) DB combo of chest press and chest pec fly

Supersets of:
g) LF cable lat pull down
h) LF cable low back row

Supersets of:
i) BB bicep curl
j) LF iron bar tricep press down
k) Ab crunches

I now have jelly legs and have zero clue as to how I will get through this evening’s adiNation Training Run.

No comments: