Thursday, July 1, 2010

adiNation Training Run – 30 June 2010

I am trying a new report format for the training runs – let me know if this is preferable though no guarantees it’ll be adopted.

Attendees:
a) “Boss” Ronnie
b) “Group Lead” Kei Ming
c) Lai
d) Lian Bee Hoon (for one lap)
e) Zulazlan (all the way from Putrajaya)
f) Adam
g) Rujhan (who was doing it on his own but we bumped into him now and again)
h) Wern Tian (who was also running on his own but we chit-chatted at the end)
i) Fong (who came for the chit chat session)

Distance: 3 laps * 2.3km = 6.9km

Timing: 37:39 min for 5:29 min/km pace

Lap 1
This week is recovery week after Sunday’s Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon (SCKLM) and we started slowly (6:05 min/km for the first km) – actually it was more of a chit chat session on the route for everyone. However Lai and I powered ahead since this was his second recovery run and me coz I only did the 10km at the SCKLM (no recovery required or so the thinking goes).

Lap 2
It started to drizzle which was nice but it was still humid. Lai upped the pace to about 5:15 – 5:20 min/km and it was tough trying to keep up with him. Yes, I had a strength workout in the morning – which explains the heavy gluts and jelly legs. Nonetheless, I had to plow on since I felt bad about slowing him down.

Lap 3
Lai was very generous and slowed down whenever he turned back and saw me falling back but we kept to the 5:25 – 5:30 min/km pace for this final lap. I have noticed that if I would falter at weekend races if I took it easy and did not go all out during the adiNation Training Runs; since I have the Race Against Cancer coming up, I had no alternative but to push ahead. Thanks Lai!

The chit chat session at the end of the run was longer than the running time since everyone was horse-trading on his or her SCKLM run; not that I am complaining!

Yesterday’s run was good as it eased the lactic acid buildup in my legs from the SCKLM and Michael’s sessions. I even managed to rack up an hour on the cross trainer this morning! Unfortunately, I received some bad news in the form of Diane commencing her 3-month study and will not be available until later this year. Looks like I will just have to rely on the girls at Serenity Cove.

No comments: