Friday, January 15, 2010

Back-to-back trainings

Yesterday we did legs and shoulders, and this was after Wednesday evening’s adiNation Training Run. My gluteus is a bit sore but not as awful as last week; so I should be fine later today. Satish thinks it is probably from the squats though my suspicion is the leg press because it is always the culprit! That and the fact that I could distinctly feel my butt muscles stretch and push during the exercise.

My recollection of yesterday’s workout (and it’s more than likely a few are missing):
  • Squats
  • Plate loaded leg press
  • Prone leg curl
  • Leg extension
  • DB lunges
  • Smith machine shoulder press superset with DB lateral raise
  • BB upright row on Smith machine

It was back to the gym again this morning; so this made it a back-to-back workout – nothing unusual since I am not working the same muscle groups. While the back workout was tolerable, the biceps were the exact opposite, a killer if I may add. We started off with the-most-dreaded bodyweight chin up followed with:

  • Lateral pulldown
  • Incline row
  • Seated row
  • Bendover reverse fly superset with Parallel row
  • BB bicep curl
  • Machine bicep curl
  • Abs

No comments: