Friday, November 20, 2009

adiNation Training Run - 19 November 2009

I got my first passport stamp yesterday! And found out that no matter how many sessions I attend in a week, I only get 1 stamp per week. Of course this is not the primary reason for joining the runs!

The turnout was good – a few new faces, mainly Kenny’s friends, regulars e.g. Ronnie, Kei Ming, Lai, Fauzan, Kenny, Kee, Zuraimi and even those who don’t normally run with us e.g. Suresh, Vijay.

We did the usual four loops but the pace was so much quicker. The guys were doing 10-11 minutes per loop! There’s no way I could even come close to that! I was lucky to have Ronnie’s friend (a girl whose name I couldn’t catch) pace me for the third loop – the dreaded loop. The third loop is when your energy levels and motivation dips; so I pretty glad to have someone push me.

All in, I finished in 49:54 minutes and to my surprise I didn’t have the usual awful winded and drop dead face, body and breathing! I tried to keep to a steady pace and it probably worked to my advantage or maybe I’m improving! As usual the guys finished in 41, 45, 46 and 47 minutes.

No comments: