Friday, November 6, 2009

Adidas Running Community - 5 November 2009

It was interval training yesterday – 12-15 rounds of 250-300 meters upslope. I only did 8 as I was still nursing a temperature, runny nose, nasal congestion, throat infection and a healing shin splits. Yeah yeah I’m probably boosting the ailments more than necessary but hey I didn’t get 2 days of sick leave if I wasn’t ill.

Rounds 7 and 8 were tough on the body. Apart from bursting my heart and lungs out, I felt lightheaded and decided to stop at round 8. The interval training worked wonders and got my blood circulating because I woke up this morning feeling so much better – now the only lingering symptom is a hoarse voice.

This morning was a leg+shoulder workout and because of my supposedly weakened immune system, Satish was kind and probably modified the training by a notch or two downward.

No comments: