Monday, October 20, 2008

Mizuno Wave Run 2008 Kuala Lumpur

Finished the Mizuno Wave Run yesterday. Oh boy, was it grueling. They should have just called it a hill (ok, uphill) run instead. And SW commented that HTN and her chose that route for their biking coz it’s tough! Bah! At about the 8km mark, did really wanted to give up. No, I’m not kidding. Or maybe walk the rest of the way back. Hey, figured that even if I walked the rest of the way back, I would still be within the qualifying time.

Anyway, soldiered on – think it was SW who said, you can’t stop running. Once you do, the pace and momentum is gone. So I finished in 1 hour or slightly under an hour? No watch and didn’t bother much about timing during the run. I just wanted to finish in one piece! So when I finally checked with a nearby runner, his watch showed 8:36. Figured I finished the race in an hour or so – give and take the time I clock in at the finishing point and collect the goodie bag.

The fatigue and soreness didn’t set in till this morning. Had initially anticipated knocking off in the afternoon. Nothing happened. Night? Nothing either. Just a bit of a niggle on the hips, nothing major. Which was quite worrying! By all accounts, I should have crashed!

Woke up with a the hip niggle still there and some soreness on the shins. But still managed an hour on the cross trainer. Mid morning – the soreness started hitting the gluts, quads and hamstrings.

Perhaps I should have heeded SW’s advice yesterday: “Get a massage. You’ll be sore tomorrow. Mark my words.”

All in all, am glad I finished the race!

No comments: