Friday, March 1, 2013

Five Things Friday

1. Remember my tweet earlier this week? Things turned worse as the week progressed which is why TGIF! Will “attempt” to get away from my “toxic” colleague (yes, I’ve no qualms about putting this out on the interweb) and the office early but that’s just hoping for too much. And no, I don’t wanna talk about why it was necessary for me to hang out here until 845-9 last night nor why it was critical for me to personally print and deliver a letter for execution this morning (hence missing out on a conference which said colleague is happily in attendance). God, if only I knew the answer to that, I would share.

2. Let’s just move on from whiny Nancy and focus on why I’m DOMS-ing. Yesterday’s chest & pecs absolutely and totally rendered me unable to lift my arm any more than 5cm above its natural hang loose position. Oh I forgot, Michael’s back!

Single sets of:
a) Smith machine bench chest press (the falling bar at 6am will jolt you awake. G.U.A.R.A.N.T.E.E.D. Prove positive that there are other things apart from alarm clocks)
b) DB incline chest press

Supersets of:
c) Hoist chest press
d) Plate weight decline chest press

Supersets of:
e) Technogym cable chest fly
f) {Advanced according to Adrian} pushups on Bosu (yeah no wonder my pecs are killing me now!)
g) Roller abs

3. Since we’re on a roll here, I’m expecting this morning’s routine to hit me hard. I can practically feel mu muscles twitching. It was all SUPERSETS and 4 SETS of each. The things I put myself through to look vain.

Supersets of:
a) Smith machine overhead shoulder press
b) DB lateral raise (nopez, it continues to be my weakest link)

Supersets of:
c) DB seated Arnold press (surprise surprise I got to about rep 9 before I needed Michael. Now that sounds so wrong!)
d) DB seated frontal raise

Supersets of:
e) LF/HS rear delt row
f) LF/HS upper back/delt row

Supersets of:
g) Smith machine shrugs (oh boy, this was tough)
h) BB upright row

Single set of:
i) Incline degree of leg raises 

4. Finally got the race recap for the SCHKM done this morning. Will smack (yes, you read that right; wonky “Enter” key) “Publish” sometime this weekend once I include the pics.

5. How this for a mid morning snack?

No comments: