Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mundane Stuff

Like my smorgasbord workouts. Here’s what Michael and I did on Monday and Wednesday

Chest

Single sets of:
a) Smith machine bench chest press (I managed, just barely, to not rearrange my face on this)
b) Modified Hoist chest press with BB

Supersets of:
c) Modified TRX chest press with BB (this was somewhat “easier” than the regular or decline push-ups…until someone decided to modify it…in the second set)
d) Technogym cable chest fly

Supersets of:
e) Technogym cable incline chest press on fitball
f) DB incline chest press
g) Alternate arm DB bicep curl (guess what…Michael decided be “lazy” and made me do it with the same DB from (f)! I’ve zero feeling in my arms by the end of the day.)

Supersets of:
h) Precor AbCrunch
i) Leg raises (after I “comprain” about losing the definition on my lower abs…serves me right, huh? Sometimes I FML all the time.)

Legs

Supersets of:
a) Technogym leg press (and to think I actually asked if we were going to do another set after the third!)
b) DB walking lunges (read: heavy DBs and I thought that this was supposed to be my “recovery” time after the &*%#@ leg press)

Supersets of:
c) Nautilus glutes (nearly keeled over and they should renamed it “quads” instead of "glutes" because I swear mine were burning from rep…1)
d) Technogym leg extension (how in the world do you do this after (a), (b) and (c)???!!!)

Single set of:
e) Cybex prone leg curl

Supersets of:
f) Nautilus Hip Adduction (Phailed!)
g) Nautilus Hip Abduction (comparatively better)

Single set of:
h) Precor AbCrunch (finally a breather!)

Also managed to slot in 3 runs, two of which were hill trainings on CONSECUTIVE days. Repeat last limb of item (i) above. Tuesday was a recovery run around the neighbourhood – calves were still tight from the weekend’s run. And. A. Brown. Dog. Ran. After. Me. Near. The. LDP. Junction. At least he was not growling or barking…the Gods must be smiling at me. I do have such affinity with the four-legged friends…but really, no thanks. It was back on the asphalt the yesterday morning with Kenny before meeting up with Michael. This morning’s menu was a 2 lap around the Taman Seputeh Desa hills on tired and achy feet and I-don’t-know-what-to-say glutes. Repeat last limb of item (i) above. Totally normal. To be acting like a stellar fool.

Now the area under my desk smells like some dead animal died there {NB: I’m air-drying my VFFs which is probably not a good idea now}. No wonder my colleagues hate me.

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: