Monday, June 20, 2011

Change

Change is inevitable as we move through life; however how it affects each of us is a choice. Shilpa words: if you want change, you have to change and only then, things around you will change. Only when you have accepted a situation, then you will be able to move on. This is also change – accepting things and people as they are. The more you resist, the more unhappy you will be. No one can make you happy except you.

Why the philosophical mood today? I had a tough weekend, personal life wise and I am trying to see what I can do or improve. Or simply put, I need an outlet to vent. There is an underlying current of a change in my life or hitting a crossroad – nothing I can pinpoint at the moment but there have been signs: the lost of the mojo bag in March and meeting up with Oceanus in the past couple of months. How do or would you react or deal with such a situation? It is nothing concrete, no particular issue, just a deep-seated intuition.

The parents were down for the weekend and we had a family dinner at Pantai Seafood Restaurant on Saturday night. Here are the dishes. As always, awesomeness.







Speaking of change, I am thinking of speaking to Michael about tweaking our workout, maybe for a week or two. So instead of split body workouts and a functional training every week, maybe a total body workout and a functional training or a drop set workout and a functional training or omit the functional training altogether. It will do me good to get away from the current mindset and schedule since I have been on the existing plan for the past year (or is it 18 months?). What do you say?

Michael and I always start the week with a back-and-chest combo; not sure if he was being “nice” or “considerate” since he knows I usually run over the weekends despite me telling him that the legs are fine. Well most Mondays they are ok, except for today. The quads and hammies were pretty much thrashed from yesterday’s hill run and I could not manage to get a session with Margaret yesterday evening. You reckon a session this evening will still help? On the assumption work and everything-else-in-my-life does not get in the way. Or perhaps settle for yoga – I know Richard’s class will do wonders (they always do!). Oh yeah, speaking of yoga, I’ve been trying to piece together Saturday’s class to see which asana have been giving me this absolutely nice-in-the-way soreness on my obliques and lower back waist. Yes, they are still bugging me today.

Right, enough of rambling and let us get into today’s session:

Supersets of:

a) LF assisted pull-ups

b) LF assisted dips

c) Technogym cable dual handle free standing upper back row

d) Freemotion cable chest fly

Supersets of:

e) Cybex back/rear delt

f) Nautilus Nitro incline chest press

Supersets of:

g) LF low row

h) Nautilus chest press

Single sets of:

i) Technogym cable pull-over with iron bar

j) Technogym cable bicep curl with iron bar

Single sets of:

k) Leg raises

P/S: will upload the photos when I get home tonight; do check back then or tomorrow.

No comments: