Monday, January 24, 2011

It was not as awful as feared

The dreaded “Monday blues” was not as dreadful as I had initially feared but then again, it is still early in the day to put a stamp to that. The left foot is chugging along, not all that well as a spring chicken but it’s moving along in the right direction, albeit slowly (make that V.E.R.Y. slowly). It is actually not painful if I keep it static or perform stationary exercises e.g. weights workouts (even putting weight on it or digging my heels in) or on the elliptical cross trainer. Anything except run or motion-based exercises (read jumping jacks). Mr Soon suggested I walk normally or as I usually do instead of dragging my feet to speed up the rehab; sure there will be some amount of discomfort but it is not pain! For one reason or another, that finally clicked during Saturday’s appointment!

After Friday’s upper body workout, I was expecting to put in some time on my legs but dang…Michael continues to surprise me! And so, it was a back-and-chest day interspersed with some arm workouts on the TRX.

Supersets of:

a) BB clean-and-jerk (Michael tried to incorporate a squat in there but as usual Miss Poor Coordination here failed miserably and we gave up after 5 reps)

b) LF cable bend over back row with iron bar

c) BB incline chest press

Supersets of:

d) Smith machine bench chest press

e) Precor T-bar row (so much tougher than the chest press!)

Supersets of:

f) Technogym cable chest fly

g) Technogym cable dual handle pull down

h) Push-ups on fit ball (no, hands rather than feet on ball; I am not that super duper!)

i) Resistance bank back row

Supersets of:

j) TRX biceps

k) TRX triceps

l) Abs crunches on fit ball

m) DB lateral raise

Yes, the FTAAA X-Country Run 2011 race review is outstanding but I am so unmotivated to write it. It was a run that I did not intend to and did not race and the cons far outweigh the pros (if any!). On hindsight, I should have gone for the Terry Fox run in ECP Singapore – they had F.O.C. Starbucks, Fairmont cookies, bananas and mandarin oranges! Plus it was a marked course and a flat and forgiving on my foot route. Sigh.

No comments: