Monday, January 4, 2010

Farewell 2009; Hello 2010

Bid farewell to 2009 with a three loop run around Lake Gardens (LG) on Christmas morning before heading to the airport for my flight to Bangkok.

Kicked off 2010 with a two loop run around LG yesterday evening – short run to get back into the groove of things after a 10-day lapse. The day before, Saturday, was also my first training session of 2010 with Satish. This particular session left me waking up on Sunday morning feeling like a truck ran over my body! Yes, it was that tough! On the other hand, perhaps it was the lack of workouts (minus the cardio) during the holidays? The combination of strength training on Saturday, Sunday’s double workout and run and this morning’s cardio session has resulted in me feeling overextended and drained, something I have not experienced in a long while. The effect of yesterday’s and today’s push on the cross trainers added with the LG run equal achy quads.

No comments: